Stamford Scholars Student Care Centres
Our centres are registered with the Ministry of Social and Family Development. We are an administrator of student care subsidies.
Who is eligible for student care subsidies
ComCare may be able to help if:
both you and your spouse are working at least 56 hours per month*;
your total gross monthly household income is $4,000 or less, or your total gross monthly household per capita income is $1000 or less;
**(From 1 July 2020, the qualifying income criteria will be expanded to monthly household income of $4,500 or per capita income of $1,125. Find out more here.);
your child is 7 – 14 years of age;
the child attends one of our student care centres registered with the Ministry of Social and Family Development;
your child is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (at least one immediate family member in the same household must be a Singapore Citizen).
*If either parent/legal guardian is not working at least 56 hours per month, he or she needs to have valid reasons with documentary proof. Valid reasons can include looking for work, medical leave, incarceration, being a certified full-time caregiver for a dependent, etc.
- You may receive up to $285 amount of subsidy depending on your monthly household income.
- A one-off Start-Up Grant of up to $400 per child. You can use the grant to pay for the initial costs such as deposit, registration fee, uniforms and insurance.
How to apply
- Give us a call at 91016752 or 92387803.
- Obtain an application form from us and we will assist you in the application.
- You need to bring the following:
- Copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of both parents’ updated NRIC. If the child is cared for by a guardian, please provide a copy of the proof of guardianship and the guardian’s NRIC.
- Latest copy of both parents’ pay slips or a letter from employers stating both parents’ monthly income.
Application forms can be obtained here.
**Information is taken from here.