LEGO® Robotics Coding Program
LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0
For the future engineer, programmer and scientist
Key Learning Values:
- Investigating, modelling and designing solutions
- Engage students in science by making it real and relevant
- Basic programming skills
- Collaboration and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Science: Create and program a robot to investigate the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object
- Technology: Create and program a floodgate to control the water level of a river to prevent flooding
Engineering: Create a solution to assist with the rescue of animal in dangerous situations
- Mathematics: Investigate the factors that make a car go faster, to help predict future motion
- The Lego Robotics coding program (WeDo 2.0 Education) strengthens students’ understanding of the eight science and engineering practices. Here, we ask questions and solve problems.
- In addition, other learning areas include modeling, prototyping, investigating, analyzing and interpreting data, computational thinking, creating evidence based arguments, and obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
- Develop students’ competencies through hands-on projects covering key science topics such as physical-, life-, earth- and space sciences, engineering and technology.
- Improve problem solving, critical thinking, communication, collaboration and integrate the use of relevant digital tools to improve computational thinking skills.
A demo done by our kids
Watch a video of what our little programmers created here.
- Marsiling Centre: Mondays 430-630pm
- New classes available in all centres.
LEGO® StoryStarter Program
Open a world of imagination | Creative exploration
Key Learning Values:
- Strengthens literacy skills, improving writing, language and reading abilities
- Enhances communication skills, including speaking, listening and presentation capabilities
- Improves collaboration skills and enhances students’ ability to work in teams
- Develops comprehensive skills and enables students to compose new stories or analyse existing ones
- Develops a child’s fine motor skills
Drop us a message to find out more.